Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Oops.

Well, it seems it's been awhile that I have blogged. I was reminded of this when I ran into a friend of mine today and she mentioned it. Thanks, Dee!

I don't know why I haven't been writing. I spend way too much time on twitter "listening" to some of my favorite authors talking about their daily word counts and how life sometimes gets in the way of their chosen profession. Not that writing is a profession for me, nor will it ever be, but it is where I have tried to let off a little steam at times. Or just document for myself what has been happening. Trying to remember things isn't always easy. Hence, journaling. Besides, I can't even read my own penmenship at times, this is just so much easier.

So what's been going on? Not much and a lot. LOL We have a new gazebo or shelter in the backyard so we can cook when it rains (which until recently, was a lot!), and relax without the rain beating on us. It's not fancy, but it works in the area we needed it to be. Now we have no reason not to grill out in the winter (not including Xmas, which gets done no matter the snow fall).

I have spent the last few days camped out in Heather's bedroom- a/c, computer, tv, dvr, phone, bathroom and kitchen close by and most importantly, a bed. The upstairs is too hot, but hubby likes it, so I didn't put in an A/C this year. The hot weather has been such a short time anyway.

I have gone to a couple of concerts with Maryellena and Matt and Matt and Victoria and Eric (family!) and we had a great time. We saw Nickleback and Def Lepprd (seperate shows), then we saw Creed last week. Thanks to a friend of mine, instead of watching from the lawn, we ended up in the Pit! Right at the stage. It was a great show and I think the others had a great time! Next up is Toby Keith and Trace Adkins with Linda. And I might just go see Journey and Heart. Then in October, I have a great seat for Keith Urban and Sugarland! I won't be able to get to the State Fair to see Jeff Dunham like I wanted, but you can't have everything.

I got a new truck. It's a Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado Special Edition. I like it. I was sad when I said goodbye to the Smurf, but love my new ride. What a big difference! It has almost all the bells and whistles and drives like a luxuray car. I don't even car about the gas mileage since it is comfortable to drive. I have had it since April 30, and have close to 6000 miles on it already. Yes, I seem to do a lot of driving. Atlantic City to get a sick kid, MA for a convention, CT for the Sherrilyn Kenyon signing. Miles add up. And now that I know that Fox Woods is less than 3 hours away, I have another venue to add to my concert lineup.

I am heading out to LA again over Labor Day weekend to help Heather move to a new building- it's closer to the school. Hopefully we will get to do something besides unpack, shop and move stuff. So far that is all I have done in LA. But I know where Ikea, Macy's and Target are!!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. The gazebo sounds wonderful. I would like to have a little place i could stay outside in during the rain and still stay dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dogs have discovered it's a great place to hang out, the patio bricks are nice and cool.

    It wasn't that expensive, it was the labor that cost. I am looking to increase it in size too.

    ReplyDelete