Sunday, March 22, 2009

Never again!!

Let me just say, that as much as I loved most of this trip, today sucked. Big time. I will take driving in a snowstorm or down the Smokies in the pouring rain again over what I did today.

The day started early, overcast, with High Crosswind warnings. They weren't kidding either. About the time I hit the NM and AZ boarder, it was not only blowing so badly that I had problems keeping the car on the road, but I hit sand storms. Sand storms on the left of me. Sand storms on the right of me. And then there are the ones I drove through.

Thankfully, no one told me about what driving through Flagstaff would be like. I wouldn't have done it. Especailly with the winds the way they were. There was no way in hell that I was going to do 75 down that mountain. Nor were the truckers. But the ones who I think have totally lost their minds were the bikers. Un-effing-believable! How they were able to stay on their bikes is a mystery to me.

My hands hurt from gripping the wheel tightly. My body is killing me from all the walking I did yesterday. I can barely move right now. My sunburn itches. And I have a family in the room next to me who is noisy. Earplugs tonight I think.




1 comment:

  1. O, poor Ev.

    Flagstaff is a bear. Be glad you are not crossing the Hoover Dam. We drive from Vegas to Arkansas a couple of times a year. So, I definitely feel you. Glad to see how very much that you enjoyed New Mexico. We are going for Memorial Day Weekend then on to Dover, AR. I think I will ask grampa to take the kiddos to the zoo. It sounds like they would have a good time.

    Hope you have a better time the next few days.

    Take Care,

    ReplyDelete