Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ramblings

I am really tired still. But at least it isn't taking until 3am to fall asleep anymore. It was only 1 this morning. At least she gets to sleep but I have to get up with the dogs every morning again.

Everything is back to status quo around here. Max is back to barking and growling at hubby when he comes to bed or goes to kiss me good bye. This morning he even snapped at him. Got his butt swatted for his efforts. The dog that is.

We went to the Shinedown concert on Sunday. It was very good. I was really amazed at the range of ages at the show. Lots of people from my generation, and not just there with their kids either. we didn't get home until after 1am- in the rain and fog. I am so tired of driving right now.

Last night we took her and a couple of friends out for her b'day dinner, along with a couple of hubby's kids. We had a good time- it was just the right size of group. We went to our favorite Chinese restaurant and as usual, they took very good care of us and the food was yummy!

I have no idea what she has planned today other than we do need to go say hi to the neighbors on either side of us. I love that about a small neighborhood. Everyone keeps track of everyone else. We have a baby due down the end of the road in a couple of months. That will be fun.

Hopefully I will find some time today to just sit and read. I just finished Kim Harrison's new one, White Witch, Black Curse. I really enjoyed it. I liked how she tied up the murder of one of the main characters in an earlier book. (Not saying much because I don't want to spoil it.) I am not looking forward though to future books when the life spans of other characters come to their natural end. That will be a pile of kleenex read.

Now I am reading Christina Dodd's Danger in a Red Dress. It's not bad. Parts have been darn right laugh out loud. But I hope that I am not reading into the plot and can see what is going to happen. I will be very dissapointed in that.

It's 9am. Too early for a nap? nah.

No comments:

Post a Comment